Monday, February 17, 2014

Crowd Funding for Artists!

Hey everyone! I listened to a Chris Oatley podcast today about a website called Patreon that's set up to help fans support artists. It's a phenomenal idea. It's a great way to show your support for artists who are trying to make a living doing what they love.

It's a lot like kickstarter, but instead of helping people achieve one large goal, it helps them to achieve smaller ones. As an artist it can be hard to find ways to make money and as a fan it can be hard to show the artists you admire your support without spending a ludicrous amount of money. On Patreon, you pledge to pay a certain amount once a month or every time the artist releases new content. If you don't want to pay more than a certain amount you can put a cap on your donations.

Artists have the option to post goals that they want to achieve and keep their Patreon patrons updated as they achieve those goals. The goals can be anything from wanting to remove ads on your site to buying new recording equipment for the band.

The artists also have the option to give rewards to their patrons. For example, when I set up my page I included rewards like monthly live streams, google hangout sessions, wallpapers, prints, etc.

It's awesome that there are opportunities to be and stay connected to artists and fans. Spread the word! Patreon is awesome!

Here's my patreon page.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know! I was pretty stoked when I heard about it. I guess there are people making their entire living on there.

      Delete
  2. I have read so many article of this site in which some of them were very interesting and inspiring.This article has good title with good description.i am very happy that i found this site. I have bookmarked this site to visit again and find out the new post.I just want to say, this is a wonderful crowdfunding

    ReplyDelete