Friday, January 25, 2013

Death's Girl




Hey everyone! This is a little side project I've been working on . The idea was to imagine a scenario where Death and his girlfriend breakup. Design Death, his girl, and the environment where the breakup takes place.

I didn't have time to get the environment done, but my idea was that death's girlfriend was in love with the idea of death, but once she actually got to know Death himself, she decided he wasn't cool enough for him so she found another boyfriend.

I was planning on having the breakup take place in front of the girl's private/catholic school. Death's hearse would be outside, waiting to pick the girl up, but she'd introduce Death to her new boyfriend instead.

Let me know what you think!

6 comments:

  1. The fact that Death has freckles makes this even greater :) Great work, definitely has a nice animated feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the girlfriend -- she has a really distinct/unique look! It's really fun! This sounds like an assignment I did with Moroni Taylor -- are you taking his online storyboard class?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not taking his storyboarding class, but he and some of the character guys at blue sky are helping me out.

      Delete
  3. Hahaha! I love the pun: In love with the idea of death, but once she actually got to know him...! Awesome! Will this be a short story in graphic novel style? I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. Begs to be written/developed. More more more

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I may have to do a little graphic novel of this now that you guys suggest it. It'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete