Friday, November 9, 2012

Aurech Redesign

Hi everyone!
Things have been CRAZY busy lately, but today I finally got the chance to sit and do some doodling for Monomyth. I don't know how many of you remember Aurech, the frost giant character from the Monomyth graphic novel a friend and I are working on, but I decided to redesign his head.

I recently designed the main villain for the project and found that the overall shape I had for Aurech's head worked better on the villain. Anyway, here's what I came up with:



I started trying to make him look more bestial, but found that the more monstery I made him, the more his design drifted away from his personality. Finally I decided to kind of model him after a cat. I think this design fits his personality much better and makes him feel more sympathetic. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, cool Randy! I can totally see his character with this redesign. I love it! Now you just need to go back and put his new face into all those illustrations. :) How are your comic pages going?

    ReplyDelete