Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My First Maquette







My first maquette! woohoo! I've always wanted to learn to do a maquette and I finally found someone cool enough to teach me how. It's not perfect by any means, but it was a lot of fun and I can't wait to get cracking on another one... once I get some free time.

For those of you who didn't notice, this is one of the characters for the graphic novel Mack and I are working on. He looks a little different than he does in his original character design, but that's mostly just because I didn't totally know what I was doing and I was really excited to get it done. Anyway, let me know what you think, eh? thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Very cool, Randy! I can hardly wrap my head around sculpting stuff like this! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Randy! It turned out nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super awesome! I especially like the stitching detail on his back. And I like how chiseled his face is some delicate or light texture on his leather shoulder-pads would be sweet. Totally awesome! When will we see more moquettes for the other characters?

    ReplyDelete